Camp for Families in Southwest Michigan
Hiking the trails, singing by the campfire, playing games … all childhood camp fun. But this camp is not just for kids — it’s for people of all ages. Make connections, build friendships and experience nature together as a family — with other families — in an environment where diverse religious, spiritual and theological perspectives are welcomed and celebrated.
at Amigo Centre in Sturgis, Michigan
July 12-17, 2016
- Programs for children drawing upon the natural environment
- Workshops for adults on spiritual practices
- Multi-generational worship services in a natural setting
- Fun group activities such as canoeing, archery, s'mores around a campfire and popcorn popped in a kettle over an open fire
- Variety of accommodations from tent camping to dormitory-style in West Shore Lodge or hotel-like rooms in the Retreat Center
This year's featured program: The Challenges and Gifts of Parenting
Our featured presenter, Michelle Richards, is a Unitarian Universalist Association credentialed religious educator at the Master Level and author of Tending the Flame: The Art of Unitarian Universalist Parenting. She will lead the main presentation, exploring some of the challenges parents face, such as talking about death, religious literacy and raising children with values of acceptance, generosity and forgiveness. Michelle Richards is the mother of two children, one now age 20 and the other 13 so she gets to experience the fun teen years all over again. Join her and other parents from around the Midwest to connect, support and recharge in a beautiful natural environment and retreat center.